- Review volume chapter and pages of light
- Complete 3 charcoal value-volume-light drawings
- Spend 1 hour on each drawing
- Set up a still life composed of white eggs and toilet paper (alternatively you may use apples in place of eggs, but these must be spray painted 1 [$1 can from walmart]).
- For each drawing select a different view or rearrange.
PREVIOUS STUDENT SET UP SAMPLES
- Use directional light (one light source, like a lamp)
- Each drawing should display highlights, quarter tones, half tones, core shadow, reflected light, cast shadow and occluded shadow (see top diagram).
- At the top of each drawing make a small horizontal bar with a grayscale gradient (10 boxes) from black to white. Use this as a reference while drawing.
- highly recommend you use the viewfinders we made in class [what they look like/how to use]
- use charcoal
- using only value gradation and shifts draw eggs, toilet paper and hint of what they are sitting on.
SOME STUDENT SAMPLES
NON EGG options. must spray paint fruit white