Linear Persepective Project
- REVIEW VIDEO TUTORIALS BELOW
- Pick up board and drawing paper. Bring ruler or straight edge, pencil, phone, and black pens. [Return drawing board to room by noon]
- Select an interesting building(s) on campus with columns or arches. It can be a courtyard or exterior view.
- Situate yourself to either draw from a one-point perspective or two-point perspective viewing angle.
- WARM UP
- Make 4 or 5 thumbnail sketches
- FINAL DRAWING2 for 2-point perspective when building is rotated in space from you (meaning one corner is closer than all the others)Using ruler and pencil, establish your horizon line and points
- Use 1-point perspective
- OR 2-point perspective
- You may also do 3-point perspective
- Using ruler, points, and orthogonal lines draw building and features [in pencil] as done in the videos
- From your exact view point take a photo and convert to grayscale image.
- INKing via crosshatching or stippling
- Based your B&W photo as a reference, begin shading using cross hatching, lines, or stippling patterns to create the various values.
THIS DRAWING SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY TUESDAY.
Homework also due Tuesdays
- Complete linear perspective drawing of building exterior. Approximately 20×30 inches.
- Complete an INTERIOR linear perspective drawing of bedroom or bathroom. Sketchbook sized