Portfolio + Sketchbook Review One
DUE Monday, March 9 | NO LATE WORK ACCEPTED
Preparation to do prior to Monday
- One drawing from those done in class according to the method listed.
- This drawing should be an interesting, well-executed example of the method indicated.
- You may redo any drawing, but it must be in accordance with the method indicated.
- Make a tidy small label (~1×2).
- Put your name and the method.
- You will pen these below each image.
- INSTALLATION (pre-layout at home, take camera picture, use this to guide you Monday for quick installation. You will have ten minutes to install)
- Consider carefully your arrangement.
Presentation in terms of orderliness and what is next to what can make a difference.
- Pin up or pin up clips and hang paper from these clips
- You will probably need pins or clips at the bottom corner of each piece since they will want to curl.
- Use checklist to confirm you has it all.
- In one corner of each sketch label it according to the checklist (so I know what is what; don’t make me guess).
- Place on floor below Portfolio work you mounted on wall.
- Exploration of method and adherence to the method
- Presentation of work
- Labeling of work
- Gives the appears that the suggested time was used (for homework/sketchbook projects)
Portfolio Checklist (classwork)
- ________ (1) Blind Contour (classmate)
- ________ (2) Blind Contour (self portrait)
- ________ (1) Gesture Drawing of Classmate
- ________ (1) Cross Contour Drawing (boxes)
- ________ (1) Organizational (drawing)
- ________ (1) Negative Space (chairs)
- ________ (1) Value Drawing (eggs or eggs and toilet paper)
- ________ (1) Grid Value Drawing (self portrait)
Sketchbook Checklist (homework)
Include homework even if not in sketchbook
If it is not done, you may still complete it for a grade. It must be submitted with Portfolio. I have ordered them by week so that you can check blog for directions and samples of the method. Plus I highly recommend reviewing textbook description. The grade is based on time invested on each and full used and exploration of the method assigned.
________ (8) Vertical panorama drawings of your room
________ (1) Blind contour, 5 hands and two feet drawing
________ (3) Blind contours, self-portraits
________ (1) Blind contour, full body self-portrait
________ (2) Blind contour, head and shoulder multi-pencil
________ (1) Blind contour, take a line for a walk around a room
________ (20) Gesture drawings, human
________ (4) Organizational line, bedroom or bathroom
________ (1) Self-portrait
________ (2) Negative space drawings
________ (1) Ghost drawing of self designed still life
________ (1) Grid Value drawing from photograph
________ (1) Value removal drawing from Xerox (self-portrait)